Monday, July 18, 2011

ELVIS PRESLEY ENTERPRISES TAKES LEGAL ACTION AGAINST GLOBAL BOOTLEG RING

EPE Inc. is taking strong legal action to stop bootlegging visual-audio releases by import labels and distributors of Elvis Presley material. I personally do NOT agree with this, but it's a business and I guess this is another way for them to make income these days with difficult economical setbacks. Tourism was down 4% at Graceland at just over 500,000 visitors in 2010 compared to that in 2009. Here is the link on EPE's lawsuit and settlement. I feel bad for the guy. http://www.elvis.com/news/detail.aspx?id=5629

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The sensible side of me says obviously EPE is well within their rights to stop the sale of THE FINAL CURTAIN box set and any other unauthorized Elvis material. Of course, the fan side of me says that if EPE would have figured out how to release the CBS material to the fans in a way to satisfy both the company and the fans in the first place, material like THE FINAL CURTAIN wouldn't be created and released!!

Still though...it's a shame to see these bullying tactics being employed by EPE. Again, I know it's their legal right to do it, but still...

TCB!
Mike

VivaElvis said...

I couldn't agree more! Thanks for posting your comment.

Anonymous said...

My pleasure...thanks for the FANTASTIC blog!

TCB!
Mike

VivaElvis said...

You're welcome!